Watch the Wizard of Oz: http://digitalcampus.swank.com/psu/sdc/fwatch.aspx?v=2d835f5c7b97410ea1f6acaead548808
1. Describe the following characters sense of optimism, self-efficacy, and hope: the Scarecrow, Dorothy, the Tin Man, and the Cowardly Lion. At times, you may need to assume some of the characters thoughts based on their behaviors and emotions if their thoughts arent made apparent through conversation.
2. Would you describe Dorothys optimism as realistic or unrealistic? Why?
3. Were there any instances in which a characters pessimism was beneficial?
4. Which character would you say had the greatest shift in his or her optimistic thinking over the course of the movie? What do you think was the impetus for this change?
5. What do you think the primary temporal orientation of the Scarecrow, Dorothy, the Tin Man, and the Cowardly Lion would be?
6. Which character best represents your own thinking style? Why? Any differences? For this response, you can also consider other characters, such as Glinda the Good Witch, Auntie Em, and the Wizard of Oz.