The purpose of this assignment is to examine the structure of a non-U.S. cultural group and provide an in-depth analysis of that particular cultural group. You are to continue to research the same non-U.S. culture that you used for your Cultural Profile#1 . You will gather information from class materials, the text, and outside sources of research to continue building a cultural profile of that particular group. This writing assignment (Cultural Profile#2) should address 3 main points or discussion points:
1) History (describing the key events that have shaped the culture)
2) Contemporary social issues the culture faces and/or laws governing the culture/country
3) Religion and/or worldview (what religions are practices, by whom, and how that religion or overall spiritual beliefs have shaped the most important beliefs of this culture).
Your cultural profile is due on Thursday 3/21 at 11:55pm.
1. Choose a non-U.S. culture you wish to research over the course of the semester. You will use the same culture for each of the cultural profile writing assignments this semester.
2. Your essay should explain the following discussion points: history, contemporary social issues/laws, religion/worldview.
3. Your essay should have clear structure with an introduction that grabs my attention and previews what you plan to discuss, body paragraphs addressing clear main points, and a conclusion that summarizes your findings and ends memorably.
4. Your essay should use a minimum of two outside sources of research (other than your text).
5.You should provide citations or footnotes within the essay itself as will as a bibliography using MLA (or APA) format documenting the sources you used as research.
6. Your essay should be 2-4 pages in length. It should be a minimum of 2 pages in length (and a minimum of 500 words) and a maximum of 4 pages in length (maximum of 1000 words).
7. Your essay should be double spaced, using 12-point font.
8. Your essay should be free from spelling and grammar errors.
9. Your essay should be interesting, insightful, and organized. It should be well researched and well developed.