Read both selections below and answer the 3 written text questions.
Us and Them, David Sedaris, pp 883 – 889
Who is Malala? Malala Yousafzai, pp 900 – 905
For the Written Text answer the following questions based on the reading above:
1. What is authors purpose in each piece?
2. Describe the tone of each story. Share a section of each that illustrates the tone and mood.
3. Compare and contrast the two pieces. What elements are similar? What elements are different? Which is more effective in reaching the authors purpose?
For the Visual Text I attached a screen shot of the portraits then answer questions below:
1. Compare and contrast the following portraits. You can identify them as Left, Middle, Right.
2. Describe each one by using sensory details, the tone or mood the portraits present.
3. Imagine who one of these men are and write a brief (two sentences) biography.