Briefly explain the following fundamental principles as found in the U.S. Constitution and identify how each is at work in the American political system.
– Limited Government: Include Constitutional structures designed to keep the power of government in check and protect citizens’ freedom.
– Establishment of a Republic: Include evidence that the U.S. government is based on the authority of the people, and identify alternative systems of government.
– Federalism: Include examples of conflicts in the relationship between the national and state levels of government.
– Separation of Powers: Include the three branches of government, functions of each, members, and selection procedures.
– Checks and Balances: Include its purpose, and cite at least one example per branch of government.
Attached is a copy of the grading rubric for the paper.