Artificial Insemination vs. Natural Breeding
Artificial insemination is the process of artificially impregnating a female with semen collected from a male. Natural breeding is the process of mating a male and female within a natural setting. There are pros and cons to each process including time, money, genetics and biosecurity.
This assignment fulfills:
Module Objective 1: You will have explained the difference between artificial insemination and natural breeding systems.
Student Learning Outcome 2: You will have explained the relationship of science and animal production through the studies of biotechnology, technology, genetics, physiology, nutrition, and health.
Student Learning Outcome 3: You will have described the basic physiology and terminology of the animal industries.
For this assignment, you will research artificial insemination and natural breeding methods. Then, write a 2-3 page paper about the processes, explaining the pros and cons.
Address the following questions within your paper:
1. Give a brief description of artificial insemination, including methods and materials needed.
2. Give a brief description of natural breeding, including methods and materials needed.
3. Give the pros and cons of artificial insemination.
4. Give the pros and cons of natural breeding.
5. Choose one of the two methods. Give a scenario in which the chosen method would be the best method. Choose artificial insemination
You will also need to reference at least one other resource. This can be an Internet resource except for Wikipedia. Please make sure to cite all work referenced.
2-3 pages, 5 paragraphs minimum.
Put your name, course and section number, and assignment title at the top of the document.
Use one-inch margins.
Use a 12-point Times New Roman font.
Use double line spacing in the document.
You assignment submission should:
Thoroughly define artificial insemination and natural breeding.
Give multiple pros and cons for each method.
Reasonably argue for one method over another in a given situation. Argue for artificial insemination